1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help smart hitch, tower will not lift up to hook up

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by HULK2184, Jan 9, 2010.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I have recently unhooked my plow, and when i go to hook it back up the tower wont lift to connect to the truck. The switch will activate the for the down and motor runs for up but no lifting. Wings will both move in and out with controller also up works on it but still doesnt lift. Any help would be great thanks very much.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Probably a faulty SH switch or loose connection on it or the SH coil. Just attach it manually until you get a chance to look at it and/or get a replacement switch.

3. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Check your fluid levels. Then check your plug in and make sure there are no pins busted off. Been there done that.

4. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

how do i attach it that way? just push on the light bar? Thanks a bunch

5. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

You can push the bar up into lock position.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pump is running so that tells you the only one needed pin in the connector is fine. However if you lose that one needed pin then yes, the pump wont run.

Just an FYI for future reference. :waving:

Place the controller in float and push the lift tower up. Simple as that.

7. EquipAll

EquipAll Junior Member
    from Ontario

Silly question but did you put it in the float position?

8. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Try to jiggle the toggle switch, could be faulty or loose. Also make sure you have the on/off pins in the on/or out position for hooking up and the locking latch on the driver side is up..some times these hang up.

9. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

YES, thanks everyone!!!! i got my plow on by hand(goodthing to know) but it was the switch, went bad so i bought a new one and now i am all set.... again thanks so much to everyone that helped :)