1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help selecting new plow...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JasonGUnderhill, Nov 30, 2005.

1. JasonGUnderhill

JasonGUnderhill Junior Member
    from Camden

Hey guys,
    I'm rather new to the site and this is my first time posting a thread, so I hope this works.
    I have a 2000 Chevy 2500 6.0L, reg cab, 8' bed, new body style with the snow prep package and I'm trying to decide on which plow I should get for it. I've done my homework and narrowed it down to either the Boss 8'0" Super Duty Straight-Blade or the Fisher Heay Duty 8'0". They both seem like good plows but I'm leaning more towards the Boss. My father has a Fisher 9' and the only bad remark he makes about it is how hard it is to load if its not perfectly level. I've read that the Boss can be loaded in almost any condition on any terrain. How much truth(if any) is there to this and if so is that good enough reason to go with the Boss as my first plow?
    Thank you for any information you can give me on this topic!

Jason

2. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Which dealer is closer? Which dealer do you feel better about? Which one will give you the best service? Ask your self those questions and you'll know your answer. They are both good plows from companies with good track records. Hope this helps.

3. JasonGUnderhill

JasonGUnderhill Junior Member
    from Camden

Thanks. Yeah I can get both of the plows from the same dealer and it's only 10 min from my house.

4. RadHog

RadHog Junior Member

you will LOVE the Boss

5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I'd prefer the Boss over the yellow one. I own three Western's, really good product, hold up well if maintained. I think that my next plow will be a (Blizzard) I want to have BFP syndrome.:cool:

6. Boss

I prefer the Boss because the lift height is MUCH higher and therefore can push the piles MUCH higher

7. O yeah

THe boss mount is still somewhat tempermental abound the height but not terrible!

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Blizzard would be my first choice, but then the Boss.

9. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

im into the whole blizzard game...but i dont see why all these guys put 8footers on their trucks the weirght ehhh...i dunno you can still throw a 7'6'' on there my cuz has a western on his 2500HD but if i were to go with a plow blizzard is the way i would go...im gettin mine on next week...but dont always think bigger....sometimes less is more

10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

BOSS SNOWPLOWS :nod: