1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help selecting a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Corradini_13, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Corradini_13

Corradini_13 Junior Member

I have a 95 Chevrolet 1500 extended cab, short bed, 5.7L V8, 4x4. I would like some advice on what plow to get for this truck. I've done searches but alot of sites say that no plows are recommended for this vehicle. PLEASE HELP.

2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

check out the 7 1/2 blizzard..... That would work out just right for that truck. Yes you can put a plow on it! go to this website and give them a call.

www.blizzardplows.com :waving:

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto:

I currently run a Blizzard 7'6" LD on a 91 chev 1/2 ton. Works great.

Dave.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

7.5 western ultramount pro

5. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Im looking at getting one of these myself, because I found a dealer that has a good price on them. Anything to watch out for on them or are they reliable?

6. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

7'6" Fisher RD is what I run on my 1996 K1500

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher RD 7'6" should do it :nod:

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I put this vehicle specs through the Fisher site and it shows that it can take a 7'6" LD, 7'6" RD, 8'HD or 8'6"HD. If you're looking at comparing other brands, the weight of these is more important than the size.

If you'd like to do it yourself, here's the link. Click on "start ematch" and fill in the boxes highlighted in red.

http://www.fisherplows.com/ematch.asp

9. Corradini_13

Corradini_13 Junior Member

Thank you to everyone for the input. Much appreciated

10. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Mick:

You are correct that if you go through e-match it will allow you to select 7'6" LD up through 8'6" HD blades for a half ton. However the Fisher Kit Selection guide only recommends up to a 7'6" RD on half tons. :eek: No one in their right mid would recommend an 8' or 8'6" HD blade on a half ton Chevy.

11. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Should have said no one in their right mind would recommend an 8' or larger Fisher HD blade for a half ton Chevy.

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I agree and have always recommended a 7.5' for a 1/2 ton, 8 - 8 1/2' for 3/4 ton etc. I just showed what came up, figuring they know better than I do. It would really depend on the total weight rather than the size of the equipment, anyway.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004