1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help salt dogg tgs06

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by lawnprofrench, Jan 23, 2011.

1. lawnprofrench

lawnprofrench Junior Member

Just got a Salt Dogg TGS06 and the coverage is very poor compared to my snowex 575. I was in the shop when the dealer installed it and one tech said to the other "is it spinning the right direction", he said it didn't make a difference. Could this be the problem? Called Salt Dogg tech support 4 days ago and left voice mail about problem, still waiting for a call.
  2. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Good luck getting anywhere with tech support. I would talk with your dealer or return it, if it is not satisfactory.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

spins counter clockwise if your looking down at it.

mine spreads great.
  4. lawnprofrench

lawnprofrench Junior Member

Thanks MileHigh mine spins clockwise, I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and have them fix it.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Ooooooops. Mine spins clockwise. My mistake.
  6. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Check the wires that hook to the spreader back buy the hitch, there are only 2 of them. They should have O or I symbols on them . Try switching them around and see if it works any better.
  7. rock18201

rock18201 Member
    from NEPA

black wire goes to the red and red goes to black dont ask me why they did it like this but thats the way it is wired to spin properly.
  8. gsphunter

gsphunter Junior Member

Just look in the hopper and see which way the auger is spinning. It should be cutting into the material in the hopper and pulling it down. It should be spinning so the highest point on the auger is leading. Hope that makes sense. Just think about what the auger does and you should be able to tell.

I run one of those spreaders, and it doesn't do 30' like they advertise, so it takes a few more passes.