Snow Plowing Forum banner

Help salt dogg tgs06

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  gsphunter 
#1 ·
Just got a Salt Dogg TGS06 and the coverage is very poor compared to my snowex 575. I was in the shop when the dealer installed it and one tech said to the other "is it spinning the right direction", he said it didn't make a difference. Could this be the problem? Called Salt Dogg tech support 4 days ago and left voice mail about problem, still waiting for a call.

#2 ·
Good luck getting anywhere with tech support. I would talk with your dealer or return it, if it is not satisfactory.

#8 ·
Just look in the hopper and see which way the auger is spinning. It should be cutting into the material in the hopper and pulling it down. It should be spinning so the highest point on the auger is leading. Hope that makes sense. Just think about what the auger does and you should be able to tell.

I run one of those spreaders, and it doesn't do 30' like they advertise, so it takes a few more passes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.