1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help removing Meyer 7.5 Drive Pro

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by thomasgulyas, Feb 11, 2014.

1. thomasgulyas

thomasgulyas Junior Member
    from 21811

I'm OBVIOUSLY doing something wrong!! Getting the plow on it not too much of a PIA...but taking this thing off is a HUGE PIA!!! I almost **** myself tugging on those release handles. WTH is that all about??

I cranked that jack UP and then DOWN...trying to find a sweet spot. I pushed on the plow, the light bar, etc...ANYTHING to take tension off so I could get those handles released.

It took me almost 20 minutes to get that thing off the front of my daily driver truck. I'm exhausted...but I'm obviously doing something incorrect.

Can someone PLEASE give me some pointers so I don't have to carry wet wipes with me the next time? GEEZEE!!! :redbounce

Thanks,

Thom

2. Jodan

Jodan Junior Member

3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

4. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

5. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Grease that thing up ALOT. Mine was a pain until I greased the springs, the pins, and the plow mount holes on the truck. Used to take me using a hammer to get it out, now It pulls easy and I don't even have a jack just wood blocks

6. thomasgulyas

thomasgulyas Junior Member
    from 21811

Thanks for the videos, chides and grease advice.

Is any brand of grease better than the other to hold up in the elements?

Thanks!

Thom

7. not sure

not sure Junior Member

Hiniker suggests not using oil or grease because in cold weater it can become sticky and actually hinder you. I use a spray graphite. Its a dry lubricant persay