1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Rear brakes locking!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KSGD, Oct 27, 2015.

1. KSGD

KSGD Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I have a brand spanking new 2016 F-350 6.7 diesel which is my main problem, because my brakes are locking. I bought and had a new Western wideout mounted yesterday and on the way back to my shop my rear brakes kept locking with minimal brake pressure. Is the plow weight too much in the front?
    Do i need to reset my proportioning valve? ideasss would be much appreciated :angry::angry:

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do you have the recommended ballast in the back? I am guessing you will need around 800# in the rear of the truck.

3. KSGD

KSGD Junior Member

Yeah the ballast is on there, i shouldve added this before but the guy who put my plow on also but on bigger tires, and a 3 inch lift the tires are now nitto trail grapplers 35" x 12.5" x 20" could that be my problem ? maybe somthing with the ecm?

4. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Modify the truck, but try to complain Ford did a piss poor job? :p

Lots of things could be mucked up from the lift (if you did rear too). There's a chance the e-brake cable was pulled, or is partially set. If they were disconnected in the center, and the ratcheting mechanism on the pedal was moved, you could have tension on them.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It would be nice to know if it did it before those really cool mods were done.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

ABS computer thinks you have smaller tires, did he program the speedo for the correct info?

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Bino, we have a winner!