1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help -ran into problems with mount for 2014 GMC 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Zigracer, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Zigracer

Zigracer Member

Okay- I weighed in on another thread about plows on a 2014 1500 a few months ago. I had a 2010 Chevy 1500 and installed a Meyer STP 7.5. The truck plowed great. Bought a 2012 GMC 2500 and transferred the plow. Plowed about the same, but drank gas. Traded for a 2014 GMC 1500. Same axle ratings as the 2010. Before I bought the truck, I checked with Meyer dealer who said that a mount for their "Drive Pro" would fit the STP 7.6 I have, but that Meyer was behind on the lighting module for the new truck. Check with him several times over the Summer and he says the same thing. Today he says the lighting module is available, but the mount won't work.

I'm in a jam here. I believe that the mount for the Drive Pro will fit my EZ-mount clevis, but I have no way of knowing. Does anyone here have any knowledge, experience, or know a vendor that will give me a straight answer and not try to sell me a whole new plow.

The 2014 is every bit the truck that the 2010 was, plus some. I've been plowing residential driveways for sixteen years and 13 of them have been with half tons. I know the truck will handle the plow, but I just have to find a way of mounting it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Zigracer

Zigracer Member

Got a PM from one of our members with some help. Appears it can work. Thanks