1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 04Sierra, Feb 25, 2010.

1. 04Sierra

04Sierra Junior Member

Yesterday, while greasing my 8' airflo V-box the "material chain" broke. Now I have a 2 hr ride to get the chain. My question is, are these chains universal or are they brand specific. I can get a chain closer to home but it is not an "airflo chain".
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if you are talking about the drag chain tha main bar links can be specific but you can get repair link's at bearing supply houses i belive that browning sells them .:)
  3. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

There are only a couple of chain sizes but what make the chain different for each brand is the metal bar width and the lenght of the chain. You can buy a couple of drag chain links for a quick repair, but usally once a chain starts to break, the links are worned thin and more will break soon.
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

They are brand specific. Center to center on the spockets. Center to center on the links. Cross bar spacing and thickness.
  5. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

hey 04 where are u driving to get the chain?

where in bucks are u located?