1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Quick Please! E 47 Electrotouch problem..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Josh31, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Josh31

Josh31 Junior Member

I keep blowing the 40 amp fuse going to my motor. Cant figure this darn thing out and we have snow coming in 6 hrs! Please Help! Got a good ground but it acts like everytime i hit the switch it grounds out and blows the fuse....
  2. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

Check your harness, has to be a wire grounding out somewhere.
  3. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

/\ /\ /\ Agree :)
    Also which switch are you hitting? Up, Down, Left, Right?? That will help you track down which wire it could be causing your issue. Also look for a bad switch possibly.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Pump motor may be toast! They sell a new end cap / brushes kit for that motor. Buy the install tool too. It might fix it. It's never that easy for me. Make sure your ground / positive are clean and protected with Dieletric grease. The bearings / bushings on motor may be binding and causing the blown fuse problems. Look at all the wire runs, it may be touching / bare wire and grounding out somewhere. Pump may be locked up. Take motor off and see if you can turn pump shaft with a tool. I can't remember how the drive setup is on that pump. The high amp flow solenoid that activates the pump may even be shorting internally. Take the pump line power off and try it. The fuse pop's it's the solenoid.
  5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You have a fuse on the pump motor? These pumps can use up to 100 amps. Anything over 100 amps there is something wrong with the motor.
  6. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

Unless I'm mistaken, according to the Myer wiring diagram, there should not be a fuse going to the motor. You should have a fuse for the power to your controller, but that's about it. The controller should activate the solenoid when you're doing anything other than lowering the blade. The solenoid should be receiving its power directly from the battery(ies) and should be feeding power directly to the pump motor.