1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help putting the plow on

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DrB, Dec 3, 2006.

1. DrB

DrB Junior Member

I just got a new western midwieght plow, picked it up from the dealer on Thurs, Fri it snowed 8"
    Plow worked like a charm, no problems at all.
    Then when I went to unhook the plow,
    I pulled the release pins, pushed the spring loaded shoes down to the ground, rotated the hooks off the mount,disconnected the cables and backed up.

The spring loaded shoes did not stay in the same place, they slid back( they are now in the same position as the if the plow were om the truck) and the frame is now resting on the ground. No matter what I do I can not get the plow back into the sleeves. They line up into the recievers and go in about 2" and will not budge from there. I tried powering it into place and all that did was move the plow all over my driveway.

I thoought the spring loaded shoes were to hold the plow in place so all I had to do was drive right into it,

What am I not doing? I spent 2-3 hours trying to rectify this and still can not.

Your guidance is appreciated.
    :realmad:
    SB

2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

The way mine works the shoes come down and lock into a hole, it does not sound like yours locked in. So jack up the plow lock your shoes in the down poistion and drive your truck in.

3. DrB

DrB Junior Member

That is the problem,

They do not lock into any holes. The only hole that they could lock into is at the bottom and that leaves the plow resting on the side of the shoes,not the bottom. And the arms are then pointing up and would not line up into the recievers.....

If I can not figure this out then I guess I am going to have to go to the dealer tommarow and drive them to the house to see if they can help me.............

I am sure it is an easy fix,I just can not figure it out......

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

If you jack it up as it sat on your truck, maybe back track and look at your owner's manual it should have something in there.

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

is this the ultramount or unimount

6. DrB

DrB Junior Member

Ultramount.

7. LDA

LDA Member

First jack the plow up and get it hooked back up. Then try checking the spring loaded stands, they are adjustable, just a roll pin holding them in. Adjust them in so when you unhook, the levers will lock with out them touching the ground, them you push down on the stands till they touch, back out and it should stay where is.

8. DrB

DrB Junior Member

When I look at the manual/video for the ultramount, I noticed that hte lightbar on my setup right now is almost againstt he plow. Is there a release to allow mw to pull that back away from the plow? That would angle the arms correctly.

SB

9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

install height may not be set right, its also a bit easier to use on soft ground, sometimes it likes to just slide all over the place on solid ground.

10. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

In the storage position, the light will WILL fall forward towards the plow on occasion. You can just grab onto it on pull it back and it will rock back onto the jackstands. It's possible that the jackstands aren't adjusted 100% as another poster suggested. This may have caused you to hit the mounts on the plow with your truck which rolled the light bar forward.

11. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

my lights have never fell forward, try adjusting your chains.

Actually they did fall forward the first time I took the plow off, I pushed down on the ram before I unhooked everything, habit from my Meyer.
    When I took the plow off the whole thing went forward.
    Last time I ever did that!:dizzy:
    Keep the chains tight and it wont fall forward