1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help putting new moldboards on 9'2 v-plow!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wecsubloc, Feb 26, 2011.

1. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

I recently just purchased a boss 9'2 poly v-plow. I noticed my moldboards were all scratched up and had a deep nick on one side.The dealer ordered me new skins and I picked them up yesterday.The new skins are flat.What is the best way to install moldboards since they are not pre-shaped.Thank yall for any advice you can give me.

Wec

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Take the wings off and lay the wings on their backs (face up) and set the sheet on the mold board and apply some weight to them. Maybe a friend for 2 could stand on them while you start a couple bolts. Start in the center and work your way out.

3. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

Thanks RB! Heading down to friends shop this afternoon to put skins on.I will let yall know how it goes and what methods we used.:mechanic:

4. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

no moldboards.jpg We set moldboards in garage above a karosine heater for
    moldboard 1.jpg 10 minutes.It made them much easier to bend.Then set a 2x8
    between plow and retaining wall to help hold in place .
    molodboard 2.jpg

no moldboards.jpg

moldboard 1.jpg

molodboard 2.jpg

5. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

mold boards

curious to know how much the poly boards cost? and how u put them on also

6. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

Milwaukee,

The dealer exchanged moldboards at no cost.The cost of new skins is some where in the neighborhood of $1200 to $1600 for new.That is not a nice neighborhood if ya ask me!Lol!

Set moldboards next to karosine heater to make them easier to shape.Placed 2x8 in between plow and retaining wall to help hold in place.We used a small 2x4 on outside edge and a hammer to slide into place.Then we installed hardware.It maybe took an hour to do from start to finish.ussmileyflag

7. GA73

GA73 Member

that has to be the price of two new complete wings. when i drove the log through my poly it was about $200 a skin

8. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

Ga73 is correct Milwaukee.New poly skins are around $200.00 per half.The price I stated was for the entire wing.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  9. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Was this plow new or used? Warranty or the dealer just ate the cost?
    These poly skins do get scratched up very quickly in normal use.

10. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

The plow is new!

11. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Won't take long and it will look used ;)

12. wecsubloc

wecsubloc Junior Member

I definetly agree w/ ya Mopard!

13. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Hey Wecsubloc where are you located? I think we might be near each other. I was going to pm you but you don't have 10 posts yet.