1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!! pusher vs. plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deere 332, Dec 9, 2010.

1. deere 332

deere 332 Junior Member

i recently purchased a 10ft. pusher with rubber edge for my skid. my skid steer is 9300lb. john deere. i have been frustrated with the pusher it seems it doesn't scrap down the best and has some spillage over the sides (more than i expected) i can return it for a 10ft. angle blade with trip and wings. the angle blade is real big and heavy and i don't know how my skid will handle that. which one am i better off with? i am plowing a hotel, gas station, and restaurant parking lot. thanks need help
  2. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

have the same machine and a 10 ft protec pusher. works great! iv found the best thing to do especially if its a zerp tolerance lot is to pre-salt then the rubber acts as a squeegee, scrapes right down to blacktop. i would stick with the pusher.
  3. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

I have tried many different configurations on my skid steer in the past few years... snow bucket, 10 foot straight blade, 9 foot straight with welded end plates, 8 foot with buyers wings, and the latest a 9 foot with removable box end plates. The name of the game is versatility especially when your plowing three different locations like you specified. I would say trade in the pusher for the blade with wings....
  4. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Agreed. also helpful to have wings that are removable quickly and easily or that tilt up to allow for windrowing.
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

The right tool for the right application. Based on your operations, I think you best can answer your own questions if you just think about it. For instance we have a skid in a community that we do, roadways and driveways that we have an 8' blade on, simply for back blading and windrowing. I have another in an industrial area that we drop with an 8' pusher and a 1yd bucket. We keep the pusher on the plow lots, and use the bucket for stacking and digging out loading docks. What works for one location will not necessarily work for another.