1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Elite Grounds, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Elite Grounds

Elite Grounds Junior Member
    from CT

new to commerical plowing. looking to start with small parking lot need help with both plowing and sanding the parking lot. the lot needs to be plowed and sanded every time. the lot is easy every thing can be pushed to the back. not sure how to figure out how much sand is needed for the lot. the size is about 40,000sq ft i think it wil take 1.5 hr to plow and sand. do i need more time. any help would be great thank you
  2. myo

myo Senior Member

Figure out what your expenses are and how much you need to make an hour to cover those. I think the average is about 100/hr and it takes 1acre/ hour to plow. SO 45,000sq ft is an acre so your just under that. I would base plowing on that. I would do sanding per application and average of about 400lbs of salt to cover an acre of parking lot. Good luck and try a search for more info.
  3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

If you have an eight foot blade the typical formula used on this site, for reference, is an acre. If you have a smaller or larger blade, production will change. $100 - $150 an hour, for a 8'-0" plow setup, seems to be avr. charge - depending on location. If you are in a heavy snow belt area that price will drop considerably.

Chuck B.