1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help pricing a dodge deisel 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowlovr, Mar 25, 2013.

1. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

I am looking for help on what the professionals would think this truck is worth.

2007 Dodge 2500 with a 5-9 deisel. 8' bed full laddar rack and tool box. 79,000 miles
    Boss 8'-2" V plow, interior in great shape, runs really well.
    issues with the truck is the air conditioner needs a new radiator and the body has dents and dings with biggest one being passenger rear quarter panel.

Any help from you pro's with pricing would be a huge help
    Thanks,
    Rick

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment....nt.php?attachmentid=125744&stc=1&d=1364256881

P3200563.jpg

P3200567.jpg

P3200566_2.jpg

P3200561.jpg

P3200568.jpg

2. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

That truck is a flatbed candidate along with all the work on the drivers side front. That being said you are going to have a hard time getting anywhere close to market value of the truck for the milage of that motor. IMO it is going to be a hard sell because people will think it was not well taken care of/abused. New driver fender, front bumper and a flat bed should yield more than your money back. How long have you owned the truck? Have you kept up on the maintenance? Is the front end still tight? Let me know where you are at in CO. I might have a buddy from WYO come look at it if the price is right. Thumbs Up

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

12-14k is where i suspect this truck will sell in this condition.

4. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

Hey R75419,

I am the original owner and bought it Jan 2008. I have done the scheduled maintenece that the owners manual suggested and the front end is completly rebuilt last year. All the dings are from plowing in blizzards and in a hurry trying to keep up. back end was a tree and sides where from I believe 2009 and the snow was so deep that couple driveways had tight turns and snow popped in the panels. front end was a deer. No structural damage, fender, plastic grill and replaced one radiator and the other is AC which still needs replaced. Mechanically it runs great. Just isn't pretty to look at on the outside. If you see the black tool box corner is lifted up a little in the corner. A bear got in the box. The fun of living in the mountains. I live in Evergreen, CO.
    Thanks for your honest input :)

5. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

You are right in the ball park, I was thinking $12,500.

6. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

It amazes me how some people destroy trucks, I myself would never buy a 6 year old truck that looks like that.. I have trucks that are 10 plus years old and have never looked like that! :dizzy:

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol no kidding, even my 97 Chevy is dent free, and looks 1000x better then this truck.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

What did you do to that thing?

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Seeing that he's from Colorado I'm guessing that he drove it off the side of a mountain and it rolled a few dozen times.

10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd run away screaming like it had a Meyer on it.

11. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

:laughing::laughing::laughing:^^^^^

12. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

These guys are in the ball park for a strip model truck, fully loaded with options maybe $15k. IMO the plow is junk and i would sell it. Run a Fisher, keep the dents as it will get dented anyway. Sell the rack and invest in summer wheels.

13. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

This thing reminds of of my 02 GMC 1500 i bought last yr. Outright abused all its life. Low mileage truck with dents in every single panel including the roof. Truck even had dents underneath everywhere. Truck was loaded with options, 62k miles on it and came with MM1 7.5 Fisher, $3k and drove it away.

14. jreese88

jreese88 Junior Member

I will trade you my snowcat with a snowblower mounted on front for your truck....I live in Colorado

image.jpg

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'd be a serious buyer in the $8k range or will trade a super clean 05 F550 2wd Diesel cab/chassis for it. 19k gvwr.

Wish yours was a 3500. You can keep the box and ladder rack.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

FWIW a similar one ran through the sale a few weeks back. It was a 3500. Similar dings but not as severe, also white in color. 32,000 miles, fleet/lease vehicle. Had a Western Ultra, LED warning lights etc. I got off of it around $8500. Lease company asked for $12k. $8500 would've been a good deal. $12k or so would have been borderline worth it for the end user. Not knocking miles at all, a cpl of my trucks are near 300k; but 32k is less than half of the miles of yours, and that's the ballpark price on the wholesale/trade end of things. Finally, although they wanted $12k, the market was closer to $8-9k. Otherwise there would have been more interested buyers and it would've sold.

*I'm still a buyer if the price or trade deal is right.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I just realized you bumped up a 3-4 month old thread and the OP hasn't even logged on since the day it was posted.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013