1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Pricing a 300' driveway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by J&J, Nov 20, 2011.

1. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Need some help with pricing out a long driveway...

300' long flat driveway ..... straight push...

I have my pricing for normal size driveways and plow them every 4" (give or take)
    But this one is a bit different for me ...

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks Jon

2. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Seasonal? Per plow? Gravel? Terrain? Places to put snow? How many events a season? All these are factors when pricing. I mean, You can't find any info on plowsite that can help you price this tiny driveway? How are we supposed to know your cost of doing business? Everyone is different. I could tell you $45 per plow and someone else could say no less than $100. Why don't you start by taking what you charge for your "normal" driveway and go up from there.

3. J&J

J&J Junior Member

its paved, very slight incline can push snow to the left we have 10 to 12 events per season snow amount most seasons 6 to 8 feet of snow per season

4. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

Everyone is different, like 7_below said. But it seems like a quick in and out type gig. In my area (Upstate NY) where we have around 25 events with storms of 12+ inches, $400 plus tax for entire season is a fair price. That is if it is within my route and somewhat near other jobs. Good luck.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Some of these longer ones are easier then some subdivision ones.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Are you charging per push or seasonal? How wide is this? Kinda of guessing with out seeing it. I would figure 2.5 - 3 x what a normal driveway goes for & put them on a seasonal.

7. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Most of my normal driveways are per push and 2 to 3 cars deep. Most are $35 to $45 per 4 inches give or take
    Most are flat Few are inclined one is a spin around driveway if you do not prep the incline or simply attack
    It the right way
    This driveway is 9' wide at most
    It can be pushed shraight in and to the left to a stacking area
    The driveway though paved has ruts and isn't nice and smooth snow will defiantly fill the tire ruts
    But I measured it and it's easily 300' long

Btw I have a SS fisher x blade

8. swtiih

Got it. Do you have a backup truck in case your truck goes out.

9. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

With no picture I would say $85 in my area for a 4in storm...but throw up a pic from google...

10. J&J

J&J Junior Member

I gave a price of $75... per 4" He claims his previous contractor only charged him $45 ..LOL I said there is not way that i could plow your driveway for that amount...

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I always ask them,why you looking for a new guy then?

12. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

Gotta love the people who call every company and go with the lowest price.

13. swtiih

I hear you on that one.

14. hummer81

hummer81 Member
    from MN

300' of straight paved driveway? Sounds like you should be in and out well under a half hour at 4 inches with some shoveling... 90 bucks an hour. Its not that you cant do it for that, your just looking for better money.

15. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

good call here!

16. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You have 10-12 events and get 6-8'? So you average 7-8" per event?

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's a 10 minute plow tops. I used to plow almost 1 mile with 2 small parking areas in 30 minutes.

Plowing every 4" on 8 feet of snow is 24 plows and over $2000 for the year. Sounds pretty pricy to me.

18. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

400 plus tax??????????
    Same area i wouldnt touch for under 650-700

19. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

if u say 10-12 events probably 400-500 but not at 25 events lol.

20. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

SAME AREA? Had to google this Clinton, NY and granted you are upstate NY your area makes Rochester look like NYC.....your in the sticks. This driveway shouldn't take more than 10 mins to do a quality job (no longer than half hour???????) and considering we do 60 driveways/commercials a truck in less than 5 mile radius, with everyone and their brother plowing too, I'll take what I quoted.