1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

!! HELP !! plow wont raise

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Joesno, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

well i got in my truck this morning to find out that my plow wont raise.

the lights on the mount come on and everything but the remote light wont come on which wont let me raise the plow. What could it be?

It has been raining all night so i think water might be shorting something out but i dont know.

Ive got a 7.5 western poly pro ultramount.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Banger

Banger Member

Check your plug and make sure its good en tight and that you dont have a broken or loose pin (s). Sounds like a pin issue or a ground issue. Might want to look at the fuse under the dash for the controller as well.

Maybe others with more trouble shooting knowledge will chime in.

Western website has a trouble shooting PDF that you can download and use.

3. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

thanks ill check the website. going out right now to check the fuse.

4. Banger

Banger Member

Also check to see if you have power to the motor and to the pinouts on the cab harness. Prolly something simple like a fuse or bad ground.

5. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

do you think my controller might be shot. cause the light doesnt come on and yeasterday it wouldnt always turn on of off when i wanted it to.

6. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

ive looked everywhere for my plow fuses and cant find them. where would they be located?

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Does it have the isolation module or the solenoid under the hood?

8. Banger

Banger Member

If you have a fuse it will be comming off the harness for the controller inside the cab.

What year truck do you have?

I take it you checked the plugs real well right and also the ground wires? Make sure none of the pins on the plug are loose or even stuck in the female plug. Seen that happen as well.

Like "wideout" said... Iso or Solenoid