1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!! plow won't go down

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ukcats, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ukcats

ukcats Junior Member
    from Pa

got a small storm today, was out plowing and everything was working fine. Then all of sudden my plow will not go down. it angels like it suppose to but will not go down. what could have went wrong in a short amount of time? need to get fix before next storm on monday

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

What kind of plow do u have? Unimount ? Cable style? Ultramount?

3. ukcats

ukcats Junior Member
    from Pa

its a unimount, motor out side with plow

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Try wiggling the grill connector. Be careful as the plow can drop at anytime. If that doesn't work refer to the mechanics guide on the western website. Also check the cab control connector for broken wires.

5. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

The white wire is the wire for down check for power on that one , if so is coil magnetic?

6. ukcats

ukcats Junior Member
    from Pa

found the problem. what i did I put my old plow on a different truck same set up but it seems like the plug ha some slop in it. If we wiggle the plugs it works great. so putting back on the plow that was on the truck. thanks for all your advice

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Glad you figured it out! Good luck!