1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! Plow stuck up and won't move. Snow coming tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zrain25, Oct 28, 2011.

1. zrain25

zrain25 Member

My truck side headlight harness was already bad nd the lights would flicker

2. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Would flicker on and off but I drove to my gf house and they were fine. I pull out to go home the headlights went out. And the plow won't move now. Please help

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Check your solenoid

4. zrain25

zrain25 Member

The isn't makeing any nose at all it just died

5. zrain25

zrain25 Member

How would I go about checking the solenoid

6. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

Take a screwdriver and touch the metal to both top posts of the solenoid at once. If the plow moves, replace the solenoid.

7. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Where is the solenoid on a mm2 8ft hd

8. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Would the solenoid make the headlamps to go out also?

9. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

I don't know.... Never had a fisher. Something to try, though. Check your fuses too. Just follow your wires from the plow back to the controller and the solenoid should be there somewhere, probably in the engine compartment.

10. jaybird

jaybird Member

two plug wiring or three plug?

11. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

With everything being out I would think you may have bad connections at the grille plugs, try working them a little and have someone operate the controller as you wiggle the plugs together and see if you get any movement. If nothing happens get a test light out and see where your power stops. Do you have power to your controller?

12. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Three... Could it be the motor relay

13. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Ya the light on the controller is on

14. buddymanzpop

The motor relay is the solenoid you should have constant power to one side from a cable coming from the pos. side of your battery, then when your controller is used to get a plow function you should have power to the other side of the relay (solenoid), this power goes directly to your pump motor so you should have power there also when the controller is used , check those points for power and see what you have.

15. buddymanzpop

Also you should hear a clicking sound from your solenoid when the controller asks for a plow function.

16. zrain25

zrain25 Member

I checked those and there is no power on the pump or the connection but at the relay the two red post have power. I think it is that because the whole plow died. And after I I tried to move the joystick I heard clicking. Not the glow plugs. Then it never clicked again I think I fried it

17. jaybird

jaybird Member

the 11 pin harness controls headlights, and has ground in it that completes the connection if you lose that it will kill the entire plow.

18. jaybird

jaybird Member

the relay will have power its hooke to the battery, the main harness tells the relay to send power (by way of the trigger wire, little wire on relay) to the motor. when you lose that ground the plow is essentially dead. so it wont trigger relay to send power to plow

19. jaybird

jaybird Member

if the relay went u still would have headlights.

20. buddymanzpop

Jay he say's he has power to his controller so that ground circuit must be complete. I'm not sure what he means by power to two red post though, zrain jump the two main connections on the relay and see if that moves your plow.