1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help - Plow Sizing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Trez, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Trez

Trez Junior Member

I am getting a Bobcat S650.

The width is 72".

Can I use a 72" plow/pusher combo (such as the Kage or Snow Wolf)?

Going to the next size which is 8' would be too big to get in between parked cars in tight parking lots. Any ideas?
  2. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

8' pusher would be no problem. You could also run a 10' but that would make between cars even tougher. What about getting a 8' or 10' backhoe or tractor pusher that you can use with your GP shovel bucket. The good operators can use it without chains so you can quickly drop the pusher and bucket in between the cars.
  3. Trez

Trez Junior Member

Dumb Question? Six foot plow

Thanks for the suggestions Ed.

As a begginer in purchasing this kind of equipment, I was also wondering if you can use a 6 foot plow on a 6 foot wide machine (from tire to tire is 6feet)?
  4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

It is not advised. When you angle the plow you loose with and then you will not cover your wheel base.
  5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I would go with a 8ft. I ran a 8ft on my S300 for the past two years and I am able to clean empty spots with a car on each side. It is a little tight but I do it all the time. I would get a snow wolf/kage with either a set of wings or a pusher, 8ft just seams small on these bigger machines.
  6. Trez

Trez Junior Member

Who makes a better product....snow wolf (plow-pusher combo) or kage innovations.
  7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

They are both good products. I will be buying 2 snow wolfs soon but it is personal opinion.
    Can't go wrong.
  8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

go 8 foot. parking spaces shouldnt be a problem. standard spaces are around 8'6" so an 8 foot pusher or plow shouldnt be a problem between cars
  9. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I have a 10 ft on my A300 and I can do almost all parking spots with it. Ocasionally I will have to angle it to fit. Our 10 ft is only 8.25 ft wide when fully angled.