1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help, plow quit raising/angling.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WayneLaR, Nov 16, 2007.

1. WayneLaR

WayneLaR Junior Member

Need some help guys. Hooked up the plow last night for a preseason check and ran into some problems. The plow wouldn't raise and wouldn't angle left but it did angle right. Now it is stuck on the right limit stops. Won't budge in any direction. The relay is engaging and the pump will run but I get no movement from the hydraulics. The fluid level is fine and the temperature here yesterday was over 50F so nothing was frozen.

It is a Homesteader that is a couple years old. Any ideas what I can check or what could be causing this condition? Thanks in advance, any replies would be appreciated.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Pickup tube/filter clogged?
  3. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Sounds like either your S3 cart is stuck closed or is missing 12V on the coil. The cart needs to open to raise or angle left. The S3 is the one with the blue wire.
  4. WayneLaR

WayneLaR Junior Member

Thanks, I'll check the S3 cartridge to make sure it has 12V. If it is stuck, can it be repaired or does it need to be replaced?
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

It maybe Frozen. How cold out is it?
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry I missed the 50f Part I would move around you wires to see if one is broken.
  7. tc21

tc21 Member

Try cleaning the connections and check the joy stick. Try a new joy stick.
  8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I am not disparaging anyone and everyone's advice is good. However, be aware that Simmons156 does have the technical knowledge/experience.
  9. WayneLaR

WayneLaR Junior Member

Update. It's fixed! I actually had 2 different problems. The wht/yl wire and the blue wire in the control harness were actually broken (open circuit). Also, one of the six wires from the joy stick control harness was broken (can't remember which one). Anyway, I've got everything repaired and it works like a charm.

One question. Do the hydraulics on all the new Fisher move this quickly? I came from a conventional Fisher with the cable driven electric over hydraulic system and the speed difference is amazing. Actually, I find it too fast. Maybe I just have to get used to it. I know one thing, I have to adjust the drop speed, way too fast.

Thanks everyone for their help, especially simmons156 as he got me looking in the right area initially, but I appreciate all the help. This site is a great resource! Thanks again.
  10. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

No not all of the blades are that fast. It's the combination of the 1" rams and a total weight of only 250lbs. The XLS and XtremeV are also fast but thats a combo of having 3/8" hoses and a higher volume pump. You can adjust the drop speed by adjusting the quill(flow restricter) located on the same side of the block that the motor is bolted to. FYI the White wire with yellow tracer was for your drop coil, so had it raised it would never have dropped.