1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP Plow problems, storm coming!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Powerstrokekid1, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Powerstrokekid1

Powerstrokekid1 Junior Member

Hey guys new to the forum. I have a fisher minute mount 1, that was setup by the guy I bought my truck from. It will go up and down, but will only go one direction side to side, unless I switch the hoses around. Help!! Thanks Its about to snow

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have only had that happen once it was the cross over releif valve. I would not advise fixing it the way I did, but I put the truck in low 4, and nudged the corner against a concrete curb till it pushed back, it never did it again. Like I said not advising to do that but that was what I did.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As long as it goes up and down you'll be able to plow,will take longer .Nothing worst then trying to fix something and you run out of time or can't find a part.

4. Powerstrokekid1

thank you for the quick replies!

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Did u fix it?

6. Powerstrokekid1

No I'm just going to have to deal with it

7. Powerstrokekid1

Unless someone has another quick fix

8. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Buy a boss....

9. Powerstrokekid1

10. Powerstrokekid1

I tried doing this today, and nothing happened. I had my truck at 2500 rpm and pushing like 20 pounds of boost and the plow didnt move. and still has the problem. Someone said I had to buy a new motor? Is that true?

11. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Buy a new motor???? If it still goes up and down then the motor is ok.You have to remember its 2 parts the motor and pump. You have a fluid flow problem. Now it could be many problems but lets keep it simple. If you switch the hoses does it go the other way? If it does you have a flow problem with one of the solenoids that let the flow of oil to the other cylinder. The vid was a great way to show us the problem. Do you have a meter to check voltage? Part 21 controls left and right does it get voltage ?

ws_espp.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  12. Powerstrokekid1

13. fernalddude

Wow thats better than posting pics for troubleshooting. What is the outside temp? flush that thing with some clean trans fluid. One froze water drop can block the flow of oil. Got a heat gun or tourch? add some heat and see if the thing works? If you have it torn apart pull out the 21 part and check it out. Iam not a western guy but basics are basics here is the manual.
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_120198.pdf

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  14. Powerstrokekid1

Ts like 40 degrees today so I dont think so but I will add heat!

15. Powerstrokekid1

heat didn't do anything. 21 looks normal?

16. FordFisherman

from 06611

Drain the reservoir and hoses that connect to the rams, reattach hoses and refill reservoir, up down once, left right once then top off fluid. Let us know if that helps.

17. fernalddude

Did you flush?

18. FordFisherman

from 06611

Reservoir drain plug is under the motor, an allen keyed plug.

19. Powerstrokekid1

Im going to flush it today and I will get back to you.

20. Powerstrokekid1

the flush did not do anything. but i think that I found the problem and that would be that someone used an electrical controller and modified it to be a cable controller. all in all i think i am going to sell my setup and buy a newer setup. thank you for all your help!