1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! plow not working right!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rob1621, Nov 18, 2008.

1. rob1621

rob1621 Junior Member

so im 100% new to this stuff and i just bought my first plow a few days ago and i got everything hooked up and i was putting the actual plow on to the truck and i moved the thing up and down to see if it worked and it did, moved up and down, then i connected the whole thing and then i pressed the up and down and nothing happened. It was just the clicking noise. like how does that happen? i need to know asap so any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

new or used plow? Sounds like a wiring issue, could be a solenoid too

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

try jumping the soliniold, if it works, change the solioild, if not we need more information. Most important what kind of plow?

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

well he forgot to say what plow it is. my meyer's MDII has a jack under it if u forget to take the jack out you cant pick up the plow.

5. rob1621

rob1621 Junior Member

OK, its a sno-way plow. Used. But could it realy be a wiring issue? i mean it worked one second and then the next it didnt. all we did was press a button.

6. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

check grounds and all connectors