1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JBMiller616, Feb 21, 2008.

1. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Guys I need a little help quickly. I'm having an issue with the plow lights on one of my trucks. With the low beams on, both plow lights are really dim. When I hit the highs, the pass side headlight turns off. I already replaced the lamp, so that wasn't the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Sounds like a bad ground. Check your wiring or run a new ground to the frame as a test.

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Yup.....or you have a corroded wire somewhere on one of the plugs.

4. JBMiller616

I fixed it........temporarily. Back in the fall one of my guys got in a minor front end accident (5mph), but he had his wires hanging. There was ONE wire for the plow light connection that was severed about half way through. I managed to get it taped up until I can get a new cable.

Thanks for the help though, and let the snow fall............

5. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a new harness unless you really have the money to blow away... Just cut the wire strip back a little to see if the wire is really corroded. If it is well yea buy a new one. But I would just cut it apart and put a piece of shrink tubing over the wire and pull it back enough that when you solder the wire back together you don't melt the shrink tubing. Then slide the tubing over and your good to go... you out what at what 5 bucks at the most.... Just make sure you use shrink tubing with the glue.. very important.. Waterproof!

6. JBMiller616

I would do that, but the wire is severed too close to the plug and there is no room to strip it back.

7. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Ha, man things always seem to happen that way!!

8. JBMiller616

Indeed they do..............