1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help please!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scarey, Oct 18, 2007.

1. scarey

scarey Junior Member

I have a 2007 gmc2500hd classic,I was going to put my boos 8ft trip edge on.I assumed because it was a diesel that it automatically had the 4800# frt axle,it doesnt,its the 4670.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.scott

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Maybe go back to your dealer and ask for a trade-in?

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I've got an 06 Chevy, same exact thing as yours. (same front axle rating, etc)
    I run an 8' Curtis with wings

works fine

put the 8' on.

4. scarey

scarey Junior Member

thanks

mick & brian,thanks,I already traded for this.last one wasnt even a year old gas motor under powered for my travel trailer.Brian what does your curtis weigh?,the boss I believe is about 1k lbs

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

An 8 foot trip edge is only 788 lbs, accourding to this book i got from boss. Thats not including the mount though. My 8'2'' ploy vee is only 800 lbs, and the 10 foot vee weighs 1105

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get a set of timbrens

my $0.02

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Scott, what part concerns you? Legalities due to being over on the axle rating, or that the truck just isn't tough enough to carry the weight?

8. scarey

scarey Junior Member

b&b,I just dont want to break the torsion bars or anything else in frt. end,thanks Scott

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Its going to take more than an 8'er to do that. I've got two 9' Hiniker scoops and they are just fine on the 07' and 06' Duramax. Havent done the Timbrens yet

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Drive on my friend, your not going to hurt anything. You could always change the bars but personally I think a saggy front end gives my truck character. LOL

11. scarey

scarey Junior Member

Thanks everyone for your help,I think I willput my blade on,what good is a heavy duty diesel if you arent goint to work it ,snowblowing sucks

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just for future reference here guys...there is NO difference in a 45, 46 or a 4800lb front end on the GM's as far as parts are concerned. Every suspension component is EXACTLY THE SAME...except for sometimes the torsion bars. In fact, you can have a 4600 and a 4800lb FAWR that still use the EXACT SAME BARS TOO! The FAWR is calculated by the reserve capacity that's left on the front end after the truck is optioned, it has nothing to do with the actual components that the suspension is built with.

13. scarey

scarey Junior Member

thanks for the info on axles b&b,I just didnt want to hurt anything,truck was mainly for pulling my travel trailer & as everyone knows these things aint cheap-who woulda thought you could spend more on a truck than a caddy?Thanks again everyone,Scott

14. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

a lot!!!
    i'd bet at least 700/800 lbs
    it's a big heavy SOB
    the wings ain't light either.

according to the website, 795lbs (plus wings)