1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tphawk09, Oct 4, 2007.

1. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

i have an older e- 47 i have 2 problems 1 it slowly leaks down and two the mold board goes to the left when i hit the switch to go right and it gets stuck there i have to u ndo the coupler releive the pressure to move it manually to the right thanks
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

old timer

sound's like the ram cup packing is worn out (re build) rusted lift cylinder,pitted ram ect . have you tried switching the couplers side to side if it reverses the problem sounds like a bad coupler
  3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

could also be the bottom oring where in inner cylinder tube sits on. For the plow going left when you hit right: check for magnetism on the green wire (C valve). If you have mag. check the valve and clean it. Then if that seems good. check the crossover relief valve. Which could seize up. PM if you anymore help.:help:
  4. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

thanks for your help figued out the turning problem but it slowly leakks down this may be a dumb ? should u here air coming out of the filler screw when it lealing down thanks
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, totally normal. The fluid is being returned to the reservoir as it's leaking out of the ram (either from the leaking A valve or ram O-ring like the others mentioned) and it will displace the air inside the reservoir as it does. They actually do it everytime the lift cylinder is lowered...