1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help please

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bossman 92, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I am interested it submitting bids to walmart and lowes, but have had no success in the past. Last year it took forever but i made contact with the manager from lowes he said to complete a bid and turn it in, they would make a decision in a week or so. Turned it in and never heard back, called several times and left massages, and never heard a thing. I could not even get a hold of the manager form walmart. They said come back later or he will be in tommorow. How do you guys get into these places, who do you ask for.
    Thanks all coments are helpful.

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

its hard because usually a big company will come and bid on like 10 walmarts or lowes in a row and take them all but if you have a good detailed bid and are prepared to do it in the long haul do what youre doing be persistant and keep at them if your numbers are right youll get it

3. Bossman 92

Where I live there isint another walmart or Lowes for 45 min. Thats why i cant figure it out.
    I guess i will keep plugging away. I have enough accounts to keep busy, but would like to replace with a few larger ones.

4. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Bossman, you have to get the managers of the store for starters. If they arent returning you calls , call 3 times a day. Go to the store everyday until the manager is in. Persistance pays. Dig in and go , dont take no for a answer. Someones getting the job, might as well be you! doug

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i know the stores arent that close around me either but they still scoop them up over a large span and the squeaky wheel gets the grease

6. Bossman 92

Good news guys, i called both walmart and Lowe's today and both said they were interested in prices! Walmart said she was hoping that we could work together xysport Hopefully it works out. I will post questions about walmart later.