1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help please

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by whosnext, Dec 15, 2013.

1. whosnext

whosnext Junior Member
    from nh

my plow stopped lifting and angling. I checked power at motor none? is the power suppose to be power there all the time or just when lever is pressed?
    what do I check next...thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just when you press up left or right. Test light time. Ck for pwr to the solenoid, should have on one side. Then pwr to small signal wire. Then ground at the other small wire. Then when u,l,r are pressed you should have pwr at the other big wire going out of the solenoid

3. whosnext

whosnext Junior Member
    from nh

. Thank u. I think it might be the motor. Had a helper and when I tapped on motor it started to work and when I hit it hard it worked for about 5 minutes and stopped again until I whacked it again......where is the best place to but a motor at a fair price. Thanks again

4. jshocik

jshocik Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem/issue as you, except mine kept working & making excessive noise. One of my problems was the plug for the pump controls. After cleaning both ends of the plugs & re-greasing them, that worked. I did all the plugs while I was at it. I also worked the angle pistons both ways to get the pump moving. I was told moisture from the summer months built up some corrosion, & working the pump cleaned it up. I don't know why the pump is making noises yet.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try any of p.s sponcers