1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by hterrebt, Jan 8, 2011.

1. hterrebt

hterrebt Junior Member

I have a E-47 meyer 7ft snow plow, the problem I'm having is when I operate the plow left,right or up, it drains my battery pretty bad and my pump motor on my plow is really hot, is there a pressure adjustment i can set on my pump? and if there is how do i set that?

2. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

check your connections i had the same problems and it was my ground wire did you upgrade the alternator and install dual batteries

3. hterrebt

hterrebt Junior Member

i going to replace my cables. my alt. puts out about 14.6 volts back to my battery, so i think that is good and as far as my battery, it's an interstate battery 1100 amp 85 month, if i were to go to a dual battery how would i do that?

4. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

Get a. Battery holder reverse it and install it where you can make room

5. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

Also my stock alternator was a 80. Amp I upgrade to a 120 amp I have salt spreader, strobes, light bar .plow lights, ect. Don't have power problems just sometimes have to drive a little bit to recharge due to small lots