1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowman69, Jan 6, 2011.

1. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

i have a 9.2 v plow and the cutting edges are good yet but the center snow catcher is shot and i cant justify 75 bucks for a new one i plan on putting the new style edges on next season any ideas or pics what other people have done to fix this problem any help would be great

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Most guys will bolt a piece of rubber in place of the horse shoe or hoof. I am not sure how they do it, but it can be done. Or my cousin just bought a plow this fall and it has the old style edges on it and the previous owner took a piece of metel and welded it on a angel, kind of like the new style. One on each edge. I am not sure how it works, but I would think it would work quite well as it the same design as the new style edges.

3. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

go to your local semi truck parts dealer get a rubber flap, cut yourself a strip that will fit accordingly and sandwich in between the plow and the cutting edge. put the plow in the V position and make sure its long enough to have the first bolt on each side of center to go through the flap.