1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help please with e-60 new motor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by pushinsno, Nov 19, 2010.

1. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

Okay heres the deal i bought a new motor fo my e-60 and when it came it has two posts on the motor one for positive and one for negative of course but the old one had the positive on the motor and the negative on the pump. What i am asking is can i jump a wire from the negative post on the motor to the pump to make it work. Or do i have to get a motor with a single post like i had with the old one. I benched tested it and the moto works fine of course i mean it is brand new just wanna no if i can fix this minor problem easy or if i have to do send it back for another one

2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The two post is the better motor. Simply add a second ground cable and add it on. Try to use the primary ground on the motor stud and the new one from the motor to the sump base for the best reliability. If the primary ground won't reach the motor it's acceptable to leave it on the sump base adding the new ground from there over to the motor, just be sure to keep after the connection with maintenance. If you allow it to become loose or corroded it will cause problems quick.

4. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

thanks guys your the best on here i figured there was a way. so that is the reason it isnt working correct cause no groun to the pump? and one other thing and i leave u guys alone just so im right which is the negative and ehich is the posiyive on the motor

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

The new style motor is meant to replace the single stud motor which got it's ground through the case of the motor (and when corrosion got too bad between the motor and end plate , through the gear pump) , it has two studs, A2 is the positive and D1 is negative , there should have been a jumper wire which will go from the D1 terminal (ground) to the sump to ground the solenoid coils.

The new style motor also should include a new motor end plate which goes on the end of the sump , it essentially "re clocks" the motor mounting position so if it ingests any water it will drain out through the proper tube on the bottom of the motor.

Hope this helps

TOM