1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP PLEASE- Western UltraMount 8' - Headlamp Issues - Help is Appreciated

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by walleyeinc, Nov 15, 2013.

1. walleyeinc

walleyeinc Junior Member

Newbie with my First Plow Truck:- Bought 8' Straight Blade Western Pro w/ Ultra Mount system. Came off of a Dodge. Going on 2002 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax. To save money, I installed myself. Here's the harnesses/quick match info.

QuickMatch
    The vehicle has a 4x4 drive train, Crew Cab body style, 6.5 Box foot box, 6.6L D engine type, 4800 minimum FGAWR, 6084 minimum RGAWR, 9200 minimum GVWR, and HB3/HB4 headlamp type.

The blade selected is 7'-6" PRO-PLOW® Series 2. The control type selected is Handheld Control.

The required ballast is 950 lbs.

This model is equipped with the UltraMount® mount system.

3-Port Iso Mod # 29070-1
    Headlamp Harness # 29048+

Problem: Everything works perfect other then passenger plow low-beam headlamp. It has power as you can see minimal light, however it doesn't fully illuminate as it should. Driver low-beam perfect and they both work on high-beam.

I've check fuses, all appear good. Reviewed connections, seem correct. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

first thing I would do is swap light bulbs

3. walleyeinc

walleyeinc Junior Member

Yes, I did swap the bulbs... That was my first thought as well. New bulb does the same thing. Lit at the base but doesn't illuminate.

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Reverse the plug on the adapter behind the pass side headlight on the truck. There is an a side and a b side. The pass side should match the driver side.

5. walleyeinc

walleyeinc Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, will try tomorrow morning. You mean the plug that goes into the headlamp flip it? Regardless, I'll attempt to duplicate the drivers side and see what happens. Unfortunately, when I installed I wire tied everything real neatly. Was really proud of my installation, until I found out the pass headlamp didn't work. Go figure.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Theres an A and B on the headlight plug for the plow lighting. Flip that plug 180

7. walleyeinc

walleyeinc Junior Member

Thank you to you and diesels it works now!!!! Only thing left now is adding wings to the plow. The guy I bought it from, says he has them and will get them to me Monday.

Attaching PIC to show you all my "First Plow Truck." Any Suggestions?

IMG_20131116_170600_041.jpg