1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help please western problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by onefreshburb, Dec 9, 2011.

1. onefreshburb

onefreshburb Junior Member

hey guys new here i have some question i bought a uni mount for my 96 suburban and bought a new harness i wired it up last night.

here is my problem
    how do you hook up the solenoid its a new 4 plug one
    also when i give itpower from the battery it stays on until i pull the power wire off.
    also the plow goes left and right but not up i just put 2 new lines on it please help me im stuck
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If your solenoid / main relay has four plugs I am assuming you mean four terminals, two small ones and two big ones right? The twro small ones are for the coil that activates it. There should be two large reg wires, one from the battery + to one of the large lugs on the relay and the other side goes to the second big wire that goes out to the grill. The two small lugs could have two small wires from the harness or just one and then a short ground wire that goes from the other lug to the fastner bolt for a ground. Some of the later plows also have another small wire there with a large loop on it. If you have this (but I doubt it) it also goes on the same side that connects to the battery +.

If you need to remove a wire to make it stop you must have it misswired.

You need to give a bit more detail for more help as there are so many possible curcuits. I assume it is a straight blade isarmatic (lift ram built into the pump housing) but how many plugs to you have, two or three?
  3. onefreshburb

onefreshburb Junior Member

thanks i got it working just took a little time but got it thank you