1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help.....Please Pump problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowgirl30, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Plowgirl30

Plowgirl30 Junior Member

Hi Guys! Question, can anyone help me out? I have a Meyers quick lift, The Problem is; The piston will raise without any weight on it.( the chain not being attached) Once you attach the chain onto the arm it will not go up. The pump is making noise but will not raise. Also it does function side to side just fine. But The all important raising and lowering is not working with the blade attached. : ( I would love and appreciate any suggestions at all! Thanks so very much ; ) :angel:
  2. earl ohio

earl ohio Junior Member

1st checkoillevel,check o rings on valves next check o ring at piston at base my plow was falling down and o ring at bottom of piston was bad :waving:
  3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

sol stuck

your coil is stuck give the thing a knock with a rubber hammer or heat off the top of my head i think its a stuck A coil the one with the black wire :waving:
  4. snowgm

snowgm Member
    from MI

I agree with fernalddude, check the A valve. If tapping doesn't work:

To check the coil put the plow in lift mode and wave a screwdriver over the tip of the valve stem and see if its magnetic. If it is, than the coil is OK. If not, the problem is a wire or the coil.

If the coil is fine then take the valve out and inspect it/clean it.

If the A valve wasn't working it would act exactly as you described.