1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Please plow wont move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowin207, Jan 21, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i have a fisher mm1 with an insta-act pump plowing the other night i pushed up to a snowbank went to lift my plow and nothing you can hear the motor running it just wont lift the plow i took the pump apart and the filter wasn't clogged and all the hoses seemed to be ok i dont know what the problem is. i boroughed my dads plow to get everything opened but i need mine fixed so i can get everything cleaned up

thanks for your help

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you hook your dads plow up to your truck or did you just use his truck?

3. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i used my truck and his plow worked fine on it

4. plowguy43

Did you pull any of the cartridges (valves) to see if they were clogged? Checked their connections to make sure they weren't loose?

5. plowin207

plowin207 Member

no i didn't i will try that

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

The pick-up tube may have come off. Drain the fluid, drop the can. The new filters come with a keeper to eliminate the problem.

7. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i had already checked the pick up tube. i checked the cartradges and they were fine so i got to looking at the pump and think i found it one of the two gears in the pump was broke into three peices

8. plowguy43

ahhh thats it