1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Please: No power to plow or controller; headlights work

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by austin23, Sep 16, 2008.

1. austin23

austin23 Junior Member

I am installing an 8' pro plus on my 1999 ram 2500 and Im at a standstill. The only thing that works are the plow headlights, the turn signals and park lights do not. More importantly, the joystick controller will not light up leaving the plow powerless. I have checked everything that I can think of and cant seem to figure out what Im missing. I have a 4-port iso mod. Please Help! thanks.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What exactly have you checked so far?

Got power to the controller?
    Do you even have 12V at the red wire coming out of the control harness inside the truck that should be connected to a switched ignition source?
    Both inline harness fuses near the Iso module have power in AND out?
    Black/Orange ground wire connected to the neg battery terminal?
    Have all the grill connectors plugged together?
  3. austin23

austin23 Junior Member

Yeah I looked over it again and found the power to the controller had a bad connection. It sucks working on this thing at night with a flashlight. It works now though, thanks.