1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Please Electrical Probs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GSShelper, Nov 16, 2008.

1. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

i have a 1997 ford f-150 equipped with a,,,,,i think its a 2003 or 2004 model of the Western Ultra mount 7`6`` std plow at the end of al seasons i remove my cab command controls, this year i went to plug the controls back in to my truck and (((with the key off and out of the ignition))) the radio turned on,,when i plugged it in,,,weird huh?? is there a web site that has a wiring diagram where i can follow the wires and see whats messed up? western site only has touble shooting for pump / hydrolic issues nothing for electrical... any help would be appreciated. oh yeah and the controls didnt light up or work either..

Thanks for the any support

GSSHELPER

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

oh yeah and the controls didnt work either,,,,nothing lit up

GssHelper

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

By any chance was the red power wire for the plow harness accidentally knocked loose from the fuse panel (or wherever it's connected) and re connected in an incorrect location. See that happen from time to time.

Had one before where the plow wouldn't function unless the heater was on hi speed. :D