1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!! Please. Confused HT plow motor working but hydraulics won't move!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 07chevy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

Hi, guys. First I wanted to say that I researched what plow I was going to buy by what most of the members of this site had to say. I was going to purchase brand new but found a one year old Fisher HT series polow used that the owner upgraded from a Ford F150 to a 250 and was simply selling to get a commercial duty plow.

I purchased and got the pushplates for my truck as well as the headlight harness. I wired it myself and all lights work. The high beams, turn signals and daytime running lights. I tapped the control harness into the poiwer source for my electric brake controller and it worked as well. The push plates were installed and i jacked the plow up to my truck and attached the plow to the push plates since when I bought the plow and transported it home the hydraulics were compressed and it was in the up position since it was laying flat on the back of a trailer. I now had the plow in the up position and I was trying to lower it. I turned the control on and the red light illuminated. I knew the controller was not locked since the original owner told me he had not locked it and since the owners manual said if it was locked the power light would flash repeatedly. This did not happen so I knew I was in good shape. I went to lower the plow to the ground but the plow just right and left a quarter inch. The motor made noise but the plow did not lower. the same happened in the right and left as well as up function. Can you please help me with this issue. I dont think there are any wiring issues. The person I bought it from said he only disconnected the truck side wiring in order to give it to me and never touched anything on the plow. I installed the plow light wiring harness and the power side. Any thoughts??>??????

Thanks in advance gentlemen. I defer to your experience and expertise.:dizzy:

2. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

I had spelling errors when I wrote this quickly. When I tried to move the plow down nothing happened. When I tried to raise it, the plow shuttered right and left a quarter inch each way/. As I tried to move plow right and left the plow again shuttered a quarter inch in each direction but did not move. It appears as if the motor is working but hydraulics wont respond? Any thoughts

3. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

Figured it out. I had a blown four amp fuse on the plow side. Plow works like a gem. A Gem I tell ya! I know people read this and assume that nobody responded because they were as puzzled as me but I appreciate your time reading it through. Thanks guys:waving: