1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP please cant figure it out angeling problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by EastsideNY, Feb 2, 2010.

1. EastsideNY

EastsideNY Junior Member

i have an e47 pump setup the problem im having is all directions up, down, left and right work but when i go all the way left it has a hard time going about 1/4 the way to the right then it moves normally in fact if you go all the way left then start movingg to the right you can stop it by hand unil if gets to the 1/4 way area then its strong as hell. also when it does this you can hear the pump load up then it smooths out and works fine. i checked and cleaned the c valve, checked and cleaned the crossover releif valve check for binding i got nothing i also tried swaping some couplers but didnt have enough to replace them all but ill replace the rest tomorrow but would a coupler do that bind up only when u go all the way to the left then start going right. I dont thinks so it should be all the time but has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions
  2. EastsideNY

EastsideNY Junior Member

any suggestions greatly appreciated
  3. leon

leon Senior Member

I do not know what brand pump you have but-

You may have dirt or dust in the controller or moisture from the truck cab entering the controller.

The soleniods could be failing as magnets/ springs,coils could be weak.

Assuming you have check valves on the cyclinders-

You may have one or more stuck check valves with dirt in them.

Is their a cushion valve in this system? The cushion valve could be bad/bypassing

If you have a can of contact cleaner you should spray all the wire junctions and wire as well as the solenoids.

There a non conductive grease you can purchase to coat the elelctrical connections.

II would also purchase bottle of "Copper Shield" with the brush applicator for its corrosion protection for the wiring and exposed contacts.

I would also look at the cylinders to see if they are damaged-dented- or if the cylinder is leaking a around the cylinder rod wiper.

The final thing is that you may have bad piston packings.

4. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

e47 angle dang dangle

sounds like you have air in one of your angle rams.do u have 1 new ram with 1 olded ram??? is one or both rams have rust pitts on the shinny steel rams...any or alot of pits or many rust pitts will let fluid ount and let air in..have u checked your fluid level.. oh u have a OLD e47 and what fluid you are using....my ol e47 just will not operate at all on that smurf P blue fluid at all.... been using cheapo atf tranny fluid..cheap $$ stuff forever...47s are OLD and the valve tolerance are old n oversized/worn...good luck to you...my 2 cents.....
  5. EastsideNY

EastsideNY Junior Member

thanks ill mess around with it again tomorrow its a meyers e47 and i was looking at it the other day and there is a decent amount of pitting on the crome of the ram cylinders i cleaned it up the best i could at the beginning of the season but its too deep there is no finish left on it you think this could be my problem they dont leak but are definitly pitted and fluid is full and i just use whatever cheap plow hydrolic oil they have not tranny fluid although it might have worked better when i had that in.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010