1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help please buyers sander light install

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ljbev, Jan 9, 2006.

1. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Hi all thnks for all the great tips and knowledge over the years.

I purchased a new buyers v box this year and it works great, but when I went to install my lights like I have on my Hiniker I am having a problem. I am using the yellow wire that comes out of what I think is the generator, I am using the studs on the lights as ground to the sander itself(is this not a good idea, the test light works?). When I crank up the sander it blows both bulbs, 2 times this happened. I dont want to use the wire going to the battery because then I need a switch, I like it when the lights come on when the sander is running...No switch wires to run up to the cab and unplug when I take the sander out. Do I need a resistor bigger wattage bulbs or maybee im on the wronk side of the voltage regulator.

thanks again:drinkup:
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why not throw a relay in, you can pick a trigger up off the electric clutch. The light only runs when you'e throwing material, if the engine's not running, you can use it for a work light by hitting the clutch switch. You are running off the battery but if your throwing stuff then it's charging.
  3. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

any more?

Thanks basher sounds like an option. Anyone else have some input?
  4. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

bump....still have not gotten to this project