1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help pick my new loader!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IPLOWSNO, Nov 18, 2014.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

I got a new job this year!! They are getting me a new loader.

I'm doing a rail yard , so it's pushing a 20'er.

I said CAT for pure power, I had a 966 last year and a Volvo before that ! That was a caddy I thought no power like the cat though.

They had brochures on a sldg948 and959

Out of them I said the 959 any info on reliability they are keeping it 3 year..suppose to be Volvo parts!!!

Any info you have would help we're getting something in 5 days

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. IPLOWSNO

I just found it online !! Made in china oooooph!

I bought china scooters I think they are close but I don't think they are there yet!!

How would you think the bigger stuff is??
    They say Volvo parts but I think it's more like parts that look like Volvo !!
    They are notorious copiers!! From the knowledge I got from the scooters!

Anyone have one?

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

No way would I ever want a Chinese made loader. Cat, Deere, Kawasaki, Terex, Hyundai, Hitachi, Daewoo, any of them...but China made? What are they thinking?

4. IPLOWSNO

I'm not sure they know country of origin I asked is it built in Taiwan and they said somewhere like there !!

I'm pretty sure cats my preference after seeing that!!

I seen a huge kawi right down the street but it's got bald tires on it!! I wonder if they carve the tread you want!!

5. IPLOWSNO

Ok I think I scared them off from them!!!

He now said doosan so back too the interwebs for me!!

6. Swede

Swede Junior Member
    from Sweden

SDLG is Volvos new low cost alternative.

7. IPLOWSNO

Yea low cost because it's made in china lol

8. Buswell Forest

from NH

Doosan is pretty decent quality I expect. Lots of Doosan track loggers out west.

9. IPLOWSNO

Thanks for the info buswell

10. Buswell Forest

from NH

11. IPLOWSNO

Thank you !!

12. IPLOWSNO

So after all my detective work and telling them my thoughts about it!!

My new loader arrived yesterday!! I located a doosan nearby a little bigger than we spec'd and a brand new SDLG arrived!!

The bean counters win lol they got a bumper to bumper warranty with it so I hope we don't need it!

I'm waiting for snow to actually see it , I'm not impressed enough to run down and look at it lol now if it was a cat sure I'd run down lol

I got interior pics off the net looks cheap to me and it doesn't even have a radio lol looks like I got to get me some head phones for my sanity!

Now if I can keep the guy who likes to ride in ditches and treated the Deere like a dumpster out of it I should be fine this year!!

13. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

SDLG is a low cost Volvo as "Swede" mentioned.

Its perfectly fine, it just lacks a lot of the creature comforts and style of a name brand.

14. IPLOWSNO

Funny part was I was watching gold rush and the Vikings kid got into a SDLG and the first thing she said was I hate this pos'!!

Yea it's not the cat I wanted but atleast I'll have a new one before I retire running loaders!

I almost went into a truck this year but it was a 1990 ford the kid had me meet him at mc ds too talk and he wouldn't show me pics of what I'd be driving and then on top of all that he waited till the last minute to go over the route and then cancelled at the last minute ! Kind of hard to put your ability to make money in something like that operation.

I guess I'll see how it is soon enough thanks!

15. IPLOWSNO

Well I went in and checked out my loader!!

Can't wait to spend some time in it, huge cabin huge airtight cabin lol no rust holes

All wrapped in plastic just need some airfresheners I think I smell the ocean or an old freight container lol

Joystick control, stereo , the view is great no bars in the way! Did I say it's huge? Waiting to see if they can get a elevator installed!

Got a new pusher too must be buy a loader and you get a blade for free!

16. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

What model number of SDLG did they buy ?

17. IPLOWSNO

It's a 959.

18. Buswell Forest

from NH

Nothing beats a brand new loader! What size cat does the 959 equal?

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Off to find some Advil.

20. IPLOWSNO

They said it was the equivalent to my old 966.

That's what they based it off of when they looked, keep in mind my old cat was old lol!

Mark ooooooomkes try taking some prescription med's , take more than they say they are weaker than they say and drink a bottle of jack it activates the medicine faster