1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! People that went from a Flat top Boss V to the Boss V XT.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowbelt5, Jan 4, 2014.

1. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

I was wondering if the taller wings on the 8.2 xt plow(37" on the ends) will block visability when plowing? I do mainly driveways and I have a gmc 2500 which are pretty low in the front to begin with. I like to be able to look over the top of the plow to see what needs to be plowed sometimes and don't want to regret going with the xt because of loss of visability. thanks!

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Pull up to each of them at your dealer and check the vis.

3. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

thanks for the advice but I was kinda lookin for someone that had real snow plowing experience using one that used to plow with a flat top boss v blade.

4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I dont think it will block visibility. It is higher really on the ends. Then again I have a ford and can't even see it when its down

5. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

I Had it on a 2500HD last yr and my guys never complained about it..
    My guy actually prefers our straight blade poly for drives.. Because really the VXT is overkill for just drives--I say!

6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

The visibility on a VXT is good. The high outside plow sides actually are nice with my truck to see my edge.

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I have one of each. Go with the XT. It throws the snow further and you can still see just fine over it.

8. MGV

MGV Junior Member

I have the 9'2 DXT on my truck and the high side wings do not block your vision when the plow is down, when you are pulling up to a driveway and go from the v position to the straight or scoop position when the plow is fully raised they are in the way a little.

9. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

I had a straight v for years and switched to a v-xt 3 years ago when I got a different truck('02 chevy 2500hd)
    I loved it. I plow 65-70 driveways per storm and can't really see a difference in the visibility,but the added bonus of the scooping and I have a couple of drives that are 3/4 of a mile or longer and the distance the snow shoots is worth it! MUD

10. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

thanks for all the replys guys!