1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! One headlight on my Western MVP is REALLY dim!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by aspenplow, Dec 13, 2008.

1. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

I have an 07 Western MVP V-plow on my chevy 3/4 ton. I hooked everything back up after the summer and now one headlight is really dim! I can tell that both filaments are burning even when the low beams are on. So far I have checked the wires, cleaned the connectors, and tried a new bulb. Any suggestions? It has the isolation module if that matters.

2. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

Bad Ground Losen the light and then retighten it.

3. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

The actual bulb? I replaced it yesterday..disconnected and reconnected and tightened the bulb. Also, checked the black/orange ground wire at the battery and chassis. Put a volt meter at the plug and was only getting 8 to 9 volts.. cleaned and put dielectric grease on all the connectors. One is good for now but would sure be nice to get them both working asap! Any other suggestions?

4. ffmedic_mt

ffmedic_mt Junior Member

Loosen the light it's self(not the bulb) and wire brush the frame and spot on the light houseing where it mounts to the frame. Sounds like a groud problem to me also.