1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on weight problem

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by clncut, Sep 4, 2005.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2003 F250 Superduty with a FGVWR of 4400 and no snow plow prep but does have the trans cooler. I was wondering what the max weight for a plow is for this vehicle without putting the front end in jepordy. I probably will be installing timbrens and just traded in my other Blizzard of my F150. The credit can only be used for another Blizzard plow which I dont have a problem with. I just was curious how much weight I can put on the truck? I was thinking either 760 or 800 since the 810 is way to heavy.

Thanks, John
  2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Go with the 800, the weight difference between the 2 plows is minimal. Plus, you'll get the extra width for clearing big lots. :)
  3. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

what engine you running? if its a gasser you may be just fine with an 810. ill let you know this week as mine is being installed. i do have the plow prep though but the axle rating is the same as yours. the 810 weights in at just under 1000. i had a western on mine weighting 800 and it didn;t move with the plow one the front. no sag at all so the 810 should not be that diffrent.

4. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

New blizzard 800 total weight

Can someone help a buddy of mine out?

He is interested in the above plow, but can only find the blade weight listed on the website spec guide. It shows 750lbs, but does not include undercarriage mount weight, nor light bar. Anyone know for certain what the subframe weighs, and the lightbar weighs for a total?

Ed (for Bob)