1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help on trip edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by red07gsxr, Jan 9, 2009.

1. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

on my plow trip edge i installed a new edge today. the edge only is 1/4 in longer then my worn out edge. the prior owner of the plow drilled holes about a inch or so lower so the edge can get more use. when the new edge is installed on the man made holes the edge is about 2-3 inches from the metal plow trip edge. will this cause any problems or should i use the factory holes and only have a 1/4 inch from hitting the plows trip edge. no much difference from my worn out edge?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

3. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

The only thing I would be careful of is the extra stress you would be putting on the plows trip edge with the holes bring so low on the plow. How much space is there from the man made holes and the bottom of the trip edge? If it's only like an inch than use the factory holes. If you have more than 2" than you should be fine. The xblade has holes that are in the middle of the trip edge (about 2.5 inches). Hope that helps.