1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on this one Especially the NY Guys

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by spazfam, Dec 5, 2006.

1. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Get a call today from this homeowner, they want an estimate for their driveway. Here is what it looks like. Any guesses on a per push and Seasonal Contract? 05 GMC 2500hd 8FT western, insured.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  2. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

How long is the main stretch? 300 feet? Its hard to tell from the pic. Would be a little harder to maneuver around that little driveway on the left.

3. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Pretty good guess its around 276. The smaller drive is about 136 and both are around 12ft wide.

4. BigTruckNuts

BigTruckNuts Junior Member

Thats too hard to tell, but If I was to guess using the size of the house to visualize I would say per push $100ish give or take and for the season.. $1000-1500. I would just used your judgement and base it off what you charge for normal size drives.

That

5. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

I was coming up about 76/push and 1200 for the season so I guess I am in the ball park. Anyone else?

6. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

I would say around $100 per push, $75 is a little cheap, IMHO.

7. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I would say about $75/Push or $2000 season around here. (Syracuse, NY)

I see you buffalo and rochester guys are only charging about 15 plows for a seasonal rate. I thought you guys got almost as much snow as us. I usually go between 25-30 plows.

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Im a rookie, but before reading the rest of the thread, first thing I thought of was $75.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I had something like this years ago,one thing to keep in mine is you might get drifting in parts of it . So your better have a drift clause. Depending on your snowfall that road will close fast because you can only go so fast to throw up the snow.

10. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

CNY,

I base off 25 plow events.
    40 salt events, though I only have 1 seasonal salt contract, the rest are per app.

On a 2" basis over the last 5 years, averaged 18 plowable events per season. Last year upset the average, we only plowed 11 times, but salted 31 times.

11. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Thanks Guys for the great info. I started out this seasons bidding based on 25 events but every contract I bid I lost because these guys would bid 15-20 events so I always was 800.00 or so over on the seasonals ...pretty close on the per pushes though.

12. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Actually its a private road leading to this house and its pretty heavly wooded and faces North so drifting should not be too bad.

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

sorry but at your price your not even in the ballpark....

The private drive is already contracted out and the driveway is going for less than 300 for the season. This homeowner has been keeping his fingers busy trying to get the best (for him) rate.

I base my seasonals on 24 events, salt is per app.

oh yeah, its out of my plow area so its not me.

14. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Thanks for the info I won't waste my time on it then.

15. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

my guess before reading any of the responses was 60-75 ish.