1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on Sub fee

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChipsEarthWorks, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

I was just wondering how you guys figure out what you charge someone you sub for. See my friend got this stop&shop plowing account and he asked for my help he wants to know how much me and my truck are worth i was just wondering if there is any easy way to figure this out any help here would be great thanks.

2. ChipsEarthWorks

from CT

anyone there i need help on this issue i need to give him a answer soon :help: :help:

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Would you be happy with 60.00 hr.?

I don't know the going rate where you are so use this as a guideline.

4. ChipsEarthWorks

from CT

bolts that sounds good but i not sure what the going rate is in my area either i just do not want to go to low then make no money, also do not want to go to high then he tells me to walk . on a diffrent note how do you like your pull plow i want to get one for my driveways that i do just not sure how well they work. thanks for the info though any bit helps :drinkup:

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Ask your friend what price he has in mind and go from there. You both have to agree anyway.

Rear mount pull plow. I would not do driveways without it. Works grrrrrreat. Can do at least twice as many per hour with it.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get the phone book out and call some places listed as " snow removal " ask them what they pay sub contractors. If it is anything like this area they will try to sign you up to work for them. It will give you a good idea what to bill. Just watch what your plowing, it could end up having more travel time them plow time.

7. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

The newspaper here advertises for subs at $45-55/hour.. Must have insurance and some even require wings..

As for the back blade.. Man, I sure miss having one on my truck.. If we get enough snow, I'll look at putting one on.. They're even great for parking lots, basically anything you plow. A customer actually stopped me one morning to tell me how good the parking lots were compared to other lots.. The Daniels backbaldes I was using really did the job.. Like 3,000 pounds of down pressure.. Awesome.. well worth the bucks..

8. Foz

Foz Senior Member

In my area subs go for $45 - $60 per hour with insurance. In your area, I would guess $60 is the lower end. Ask your buddy, tell him you were thinking $65-70 per hour & see what he says.

9. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

$60 per hour-- minimun of 5 hours per storm.

10. ChipsEarthWorks

from CT

My friend came back with a price I think it is way to low but hepl me out here. He said $35 an hour minum 3 hours or $40 an hour no minum. He also said he pay me a little extra for a sander, I think it is way to low but I am unsure so any help would be helpfull :help: