1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEXTDAYSIGNS, Oct 22, 2004.

1. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Well this year I am going to get a snowblower. I have narrowed it down to two models. They are both from HD no choice have a $500 gift cert. They are the Ariens 5520E this is 5 1/2 hp 6sp w/ rev looks nice wail need ramps weighs over 100p lbs. or toro CCr 3650 gts its not 2 stage and weighs in @ about 80lbs. So any suggestions..

2. DRP Mowing

DRP Mowing Junior Member

I was at H/D the other day and glanced at the blowers there. They may have the Toro or ariens , and J/D names on them but they are not built like the commercial machines. Save your 500 buck gift card for somthing else. Please just go to a real dealer and look at the difference.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I am a big fan of Toro,you can't hurt them as far as I am concerned. I have had two of them and will be buying a new one in the next couple of weeks. I will be buying it from a local supplier.

Regards Mike

4. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

What model toro do you have? I looked at the Ariens model 5520e @ a dealer and online and they seem to be the same. Whats the difference still have 3 yr warranty.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 5 year old Toro. It is the 4 hp model. If the snow isn't real wet it will throw it 30 feet. It will only move the wet stuff 5 feet. If it is well packed down you will have to go over it a few times to get it out. Our machine has been problem free. I just bought a new one this year. Model 826, I forget the letters on it but it is electric start and I know I will need to use ramps but I wanted something I can do the sidewalks in just 2 passes. Where I live the prices at Home Depot are only a few dollars apart so they have to be the same machine that the dealer carries. They sell it for less because the sell 100's of them not just a few. You always have the no questions asked return policy there too.