1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help On Pricing!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ferdinand711, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

I need pricing on this one, any info will be much appreciated.

okay, the driveway is 80' x 14' and a space in front of the garrage, 30' x 20'.

price;

2"-5" =
    5"-8" =
    8"-12" =
    12"+ =

i think it's should be 3"-6",6"-9" .........., but this is how they want it to be.
    any help please...

thanks.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My suggestion, is to give them what they want if possible. In this case use the price you would for 3-6 for the first bracket, then times 1 1/2 for the second, times 2 for 8 -12 and add so much per inch over 12. Just make sure you both agree on how the depth is determined.

3. ferdinand711

thanks mick.

a price could've been better.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Oh, but that would have taken all of the fun out of it for you.

5. ferdinand711

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

6. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Ah, what the he**

2"-5" = 55
    5"-8" = 65
    8"-12" = 80
    12"+ = 85 + additional 10 / inch

Not saying I'd charge this, but you can!

7. Added Touch

Added Touch Member

Confused

What type of service is this based on ? One time/per visit? So if it were to snow 6" you would charge that amount per vist?

Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

8. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

total amount of snow

Sorry double post

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  9. Daner

total amount of snow

Sometimes charging by the inch can be confusing for us and the customer.
    I will add this though...If you charge this way ...And I do too on some...remember the size of the lot or lane way will make a difference in the price...for example to plow 100 sq.' at the rates that are posted above compared to 500000 sq.'wesport .

10. Daner

What Ever amount Is on the ground...thats what you charge for...If you charge by the Inch.payup

11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

:help: Me with this one I have been plowing for a minute or so now and I still don't get this.How or why do people bid like this 2-5 5-8 8-12?What do you do if you get 5 inches of snow?I know I have mentioned this before but not got a answer?5 inches do you charge for 2-5 or 5-8 ?I think this is just a problem waiting to happen.

RCGM
    Brad

12. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Mick you are good at this stuff.Do you bid like this 2-5 5-8 stuff? I see alot of this 2-5 -5-8 3-6 6-8 what do you do if you get 5 inches or 6 what do you charge? I think this could be a problem and make a customer quit.You agree or am I wrong?

Thanks
    Brad
    RCGM