1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help On Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lazerslicer, Dec 3, 2007.

1. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

i have a one year old 8'2" boss poly v-plow and my lift cylinder is making a popping type sound on the way up and down my fluid seems full any other suggestions?
    I push the up button and u hear pop po p poop?????

2. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I would drain all the oil and refill. Try to determine wether the sound is coming from the hydraulics or from the frame. My plows pop if the frame mounting bolts are getting stretched at all. I replace them all every 2 years to be safe. If this is only 1 year old all you may just have some streched mounting bolts that you could retourque and will be set. I guess that I would check that before the hydraulics.

good luck

3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

The Surest And Safest Move You Can Make Is To Take IT To The Installer FOR SERVICE, THEY USUALLY WILL PINPOINT IT VERY QUICKLY FOR ABOUT 60-80 HR LABOR . PLUS PARTS VS. DEAD IN A STORM

4. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

nope no bolts r loose or anything this mount on the truck side was just put on a week ago any other suggestions?

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Try greasing the pivot pins on the plow.

6. bstout

bstout Member

My Boss came with a two year warranty. I would think yours would be the same.

7. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I think the other guys are right. If it isn't the mounting bolts, I would take it to the dealer and ask them to check it out. My hydraulics have never made a popping noise.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If ya bought it from a dealer bring it back and tell them what is going on with it. If not I would bring it in anyway.

Ryan

9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

make sure that it is the pump and not the plow. both of mine make noise but that noise come from the plow going up not the pump

10. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Mine makes noise going up too, I think its the frame making the noise though.

11. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

pop

i have seen the lift cylinders creak if they havent been used for a while they have o-ring's and seals that need to have lube on the ram ,i take it is a smart hitch ii ,so it has oil on both side's of the cylinder try spraying some light grease penray part #7001 on the chrome rod see if it helps .