1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on Island roadway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by firelwn82, Oct 15, 2008.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Estimating help. First roadway account I was asked to bid and they want a seasonal bid. I'm lost. I know I should tally up what I think its worth per push and multiply by an average number of pushes over so much time. But I'm lost at a price to start with.
    It's an island 1 1/2 car wide road and it's a just over a half mile long. Here is the arial view, the road's start from the bridge.

Here's the link
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.81936,-83.442364&spn=0.003227,0.006824&t=h&z=17

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

If you haven't though of this already,take into consideration wind direction,drifting etc. when putting your seasonal together; you may visit more than you think. sorry, I'm not from that part, so I cannot use my costs versus yours. good luck

3. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks plow time. That makes a-lot of sense.